Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bob the builder

Sara-sahara's coming down, coming down, coming down;
Sara-sahara's coming down, my fair lady.

Immortal tune. With the BMC, MCOCA court and other shortformed government organisations growing spine, this strategic demolition has sent out a clear message. 'Don't build on our land or be ready to see it kiss the ground'. Pretty uncivic-authority-like. But they need to do their real work from time to time. That brings me to my question: How did the structure come up if it was (till it got razed) illegal? A very dumb question to ask. All the more because the answer(s) is(are) known to all who are above twelve years of age and not mentally challenged.

It's probably fun to see buildings fall and whole shopping complexes pulled down in a day or two. But why waste human effort and precious years before the fun? Because there's a greater scam going on, like bad background music camouflaged by an amazing solo. When big structures owned or backed by heavy-weights are being targeted, one tends to lose focus of the small-time crooks. A million of these is a greater threat than our beloved Dawood and family (non-blood relations included). I'll give you a sneak preview into my future plan - something that took me about a month and twenty odd boring lectures to concoct.

I'll begin by hiring a middle man. You see, novels are of great help to society. They inspire movies and real life criminals like me (I know I run the risk of being arrested if the government-nanny reads this). Same is the case here. I don't need to start mentioning the blessings of a middle man when in a shady business. Then get him to buy a couple of hutments in strategically located places. Thats the tricky part. The location chosen should be such that a builder is planning to construct a housing society/mall there in the near future. In about five years, the humble dwelling(s) (let's be polite) will earn permanency. If they don't, bribes work equally well.

So when it is time to start construction, the builder/contractor will have to compensate with accomodation elsewhere. Don't worry about this - there are a few activists enthusiastically fighting for the wrong rights. At the time of possession, act as if you didn't like the place, get it sold and move out with a neat sum. All the while, the middle man does the dirty work. If the initial stages of the plan were executed well, more than a dozen such criminally legal moves can be pulled off.

There you are. Sorry, there I will be - education complete (hopefully) and housing finance taken care of (surely). With the pace at which changes are taking place in the governing of our country, I guess this plan may even work for my granchildren. As of now I'm off to search for the middle man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home