Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I, me and myself

Hey,

Welcome to my space on the internet. A quick introduction about me for those who may not know me in person:

I'm an Engineering student [monotonous, you may think. Hehe, you're partly right] in my Second year. But thats what I'm least concentrating on. Music is one of my passions, closely followed by sports. And by that, I mean the real field type [running after girls not considered by the Indian Sports Department though] - crazy, animated computer games a strict no-no.

Regarding music, I play the keyboards for an upcoming youth band. Simultaneously I'm learning the guitar. Apart from this, I can also do some highly convincing crap on the bass and drums. Looking forward to learn the flute and violin in the not-so-near future. Mostly into rock - contemporary, slow, punk, hard, soft, metal, noisy, imitate-an-udupi-restaurant-kitchen, wake-up-the-neighbours, make-the-dogs-bark etcetera. Too many bands to name so keep reading future posts to get them.

Football is the sport I play the most, though I like hockey better. Man, it gets no respect even after being our national game [I bet half the Indians dont even know that]. Used to play chess, table tennis and cricket when in school but gave it up after the Maharashtra Shikshan Samiti stopped awarding bonus marks to sportspersons in the 10th public examination. Other favourite indoor sports include burp competitions [my bro being the other competitor. He had quantity, no quality or modulation], talk-unintelligibly-for-the-longest [I got the award and whacks from my dad], cracking really low, stupid, suicide-inducing PJs [poor jokes]. As for the PJs, its a dying art. Nobody seems to understand its importance as a stress-buster.

But most of all, its human behaviour and psychology that interests me most. There are so many ways to perceive the same thing that sticking to only your way would be close to a crime. Yet, there is only one truth - with a million ways of pointing to it.

Most of my extra curricular time goes into the activities of a local youth group that caters to the emotional, spiritual and personality growth of the youth in the neighbourhood and the city [well, some of them could add 'and to the country'; they really have]. Its a great pleasure to see people from various backgrounds coming together to help one another in overcoming day-to-day difficulties relevant to youth.

I think thats enough for a start. So this was the first post..............ummmm, feels nice to have finally begun posting. Check out for future posts - most of which will be dedicated to every-day serious stupidity. But there will be posts on serious matters too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home